One of the dishes that we get on foreign cultures is spaghetti and the version of spaghetti that we have was somewhat different on the original Itali
One of the dishes that we get on foreign cultures is spaghetti and the version of spaghetti that we have was somewhat different on the original Italian style spaghetti that only needs spices, herbs, and tomato sauce. It also includes a hotdog, ground meat, and banana ketchup which makes our spaghetti very Pinoy.
So why not try to cook Italian style spaghetti sauce rather than tomato paste and tomato sauce? We tried several kinds of it when we are cooking spaghetti and I believe that you can substitute the 1/4 cup of tomato paste and tomato sauce in an Italian spaghetti sauce.
- 1 kilo of Spaghetti pasta
- 1 big bottle of banana ketchup
- 560 grams of Italian style Spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, chopped
- ¾ kilo of ground beef
- 6 pieces of hotdogs, cut
- 2 boullion of beef cubes, melt in 1 cup hot water
- 1 medium sized of onion, sliced
- 1 cup of grated Cheddar Cheese
- 100 grams of butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 liter of water for boiling the pasta
- 4 tablespoon of cooking oil
1. Boil the water in a large pot and combine cooking oil and salt.
2. Salt brings taste on the pasta while the cooking oil stops the pasta on clinging to one another.
3. Combine the spaghetti pasta and cook it based on the guidelines on the package.
4. Check if the pasta was already soft and cooked, solid but it should not be too thick.
5. You should not overcook the pasta because it will become too soggy.
6. In the sink, filter the water and add tap water in the pot to stop the pasta to be overcooked.
7. Then, filter the water once again and use strainer or colander to pour the pasta to eliminates the excess water.
8. Allow it to drain for several minutes and put it on a container or Tupperware that will handle the pasta. Put it on the side.
9. Dissolves the butter in medium size of saucepan and cook onions and garlic until the onions are already translucent and cooked.
10. Combine the ground beef and cook for 5 minutes.
11. Combine the hotdog and cook for another 2 minutes.
12. Combine banana ketchup, spaghetti sauce, a cupful of water, and bouillon cubes and mixed for 20 minutes.
13. Mix the sauce while cooking it every minute to stop burning the bottom of the sauce.
14. Put the pasta on a serving plate and put the sauce on the top.
15. Sprinkle with grated cheese on the top. Serve and Enjoy!